Advanced SystemCare is free software available on Windows machines. It helps users to increase their computer’s speed and performance by cleaning up computer registries, scanning for malicious software, eliminating broken shortcuts and performing disk defragmentation. The program is made by IObit and is available in a number of languages. It was first released in 2005 and this current version is 5.4.
With no adware to sidestep, the installation goes by rather quickly. Running the program for the first time you are asked to select the skin that you prefer as well as the program’s language. The home screen has four main buttons:
Quick Care, Deep Care, Toolbox and Turbo Boost. There is also an Upgrade button for those wishing to upgrade to Advanced SystemCare’s paid version and in the lower part of the window there is an icon showing you your PC’s health grade. Quick Care and Deep Care are the program’s two levels of maintenance each coming with its own list of processes. Quick Care’s processes include Quick Malware Removal, Registry Fix, Shortcut Fix, Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean. Deep Care goes even further offering better malware removal, Deep Registry Fix, Registry Defrag, System Optimization, Startup Optimization, Security Defense, Deep Scan, Vulnerability Fix and Disk Defragmentation. Most of these processes have their own settings which users can tweak. After choosing between Deep Care and Quick Care, users can choose from the individual offerings and click the large Scan button at the right to begin. The program does seem to lean heavily on system resources, however this is comparable to the performance of similar applications. After the scan is complete, the program displays whatever problems it has unearthed (if any) and users can click the Repair. However in order for the Privacy Sweep to work, your browsers must be closed.
The Toolbox offers over 20 tools for managing your computer such as the File Shredder to eliminate sensitive files, the Smart RAM to monitor and optimize your physical memory and the Undelete to restore files emptied out of the Recycle Bin.
The Turbo Boost allows users to boost their computer’s performance in either of two modes: Work Mode or Game Mode. Work Mode terminates unnecessary processes and applications while Game Mode boosts game play experience by terminating some System and Non-Windows services.
In each level of care users can view their ignore list as well as adjust the user interface by changing the skin or toggling the window’s transparency. Users can also see logs of all their scans which they can choose to either clear or proceed to the Rescue Center. Lastly, users can select which notifications they receive and for how long each is displayed.
Advanced SystemCare is by no means a misnamed piece of software. The program offers an exhaustive array of means by which users can rid their computers of malware and boost performance at the same time. Deep Care and Quick care offer differing levels of maintenance that appeal differently to users’ needs and time constraints. The best part of it is
that it’s all free.
- Metro UI - Added Brand-new Metro UI and Improved Other UIs for Easier and Smoother Use.
- Windows 8/8.1 - Fully Support Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and IE 11.
- New Uninstaller 3 - Enhanced the Powerful Scan for Both Applications and Browser Plug-ins to Bring You a Clean and Fast Computer and Browser.
- New Driver Booster - Help You Update Outdated Drivers Safely and Rapidly.
- New Program Deactivator - Retrieve More Available System Resource by Automatically Enabling and Disabling Background Services.
- New Real-time Protector - A Light yet Powerful Feature to Protect Your PC Against Malware in Real Time in the Background.
- New Homepage Protection - Protect Your Browser's Homepage and Search Engine from Malicious Modification in Real Time for Better Browser Security.
- New ManageMyMobile - Help You Manage, Clean, Optimize, and Back up Your Android Device Easily
- New Surfing Protection Technology - Support Real-time Database Update and Parent Control for Safer Surfing for Both Parents and Kids.
- New Start Menu 8 - Bring Back the Windows 8 Start Menu for Windows 8 users.
- New Skip-UAC Function - Faster and Easier Loading of the Program.
- Improved Junk File Clean - Fully Support the Clean of Windows 8 Metro App Cache to Release More Free System Space and thus Boost the System Performance.
- Improved Privacy Sweep - Support IE 11, Opera 16, Chrome 30, Sony Vegas Pro 12.0, CDBurnerXP, UltraEdit20, Photodex ProShow Producer5.0, SketchUp Make 2013, HandBrake, CuteFTP 9, Directory Opus 10, DivX Player10, Internet Explorer 11, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom5.2, Express Scribe, Gom Player, Skype Metro App, Twitter Metro, and Adobe Reader Touch.
- Expanded Malware Removal Database - Better Protection Against Latest Malware Threats.
- Fully upgraded Cloned Files Scanner - Support Removing Duplicates in Just One Click.
- Enhanced Registry Fix and Vulnerability Fix - Higher Scanning Speed and More Stable Performance.